Kathleen and all,
Since all of the peds in my community have traditionally opposed clipping
frenulums, another LC and I recruited an oral surgeon. This worked well.
Meanwhile, after the attending ped saw what a difference it made and
reviewed my old JHL issue covering the topic, he decided that "next time
maybe I'll do it". Since then (we haven't had a next time need yet) he
has brought up this possibility to a couple of moms! Sometimes going
elsewhere and proving the efficacy of the procedure can get the ball
rolling where it should be.
-Lisa

Lisa A. Marasco, IBCLC                                /  [log in to unmask]
International Board Certified Lactation Consultant    /  [log in to unmask]