Jeff Fagerman writes:
> Bee-List Readers,
>
> I have a quick question concerning the effectiveness of hive top feeders,
> in particular those resembling shallow supers.

I use these almost exclusively and frame feeders for some  special
cases.   I  always run a little syrup down onto the frames to help
the bees find the source.  Usually the feeders are empty within  a
few  days,  if not, they probably have no room for the new stores.
I find that they don't go up if its  too  cold.   Make  sure  your
feeding's done before the weather breaks.

Regards,
--
Gordon Scott          [log in to unmask]   Compuserve 100332,3310
Basingstoke Beekeeper [log in to unmask]