Here in Northern Georgia, USA, there is alder, witch hazel, etc beginning
to bloom.  My earliest and best source for the bees seems to be what we
call "winter honeysuckle", a very fragrant shrub used as plantings around
residences.  I don't know the species, but it flowers very early with
blooms in the axils of the leaves.  The pollen is abundant and is very
pale yellow/green.  It's probably blooming now in South Carolina, USA

I'm always happy to see it start to bloom, for I know my old aching bones
will soon be enjoying the spring sunshine again!

Cordially, Jim

|  James D. Satterfield  |  [log in to unmask] |
|  P.O. Box 2243         |  [log in to unmask]        |
|  Decatur, GA 30031 USA |  Telephone 404 378-8917  |