> A last word : pay attention ... if a few hives are infected, then ...
> all your hives are infected !

Um, I don't have varroa, and I hope I never will, after all, they
havn't reached this continent yet, but I thought that it was not a
good idea to treat for mites unless their presence was confirmed.  I
may be wrong, but that is the impression I got from reading
sci.agriculture.beekeeping.  A problem I do have however, is European
brood disease.  This was found in ONE hive of ours , and has not been
found in any others of ours yet.   I know that the spread of
bacterial and viral problems is controlable through good
management...can mites be contained the same way???
Just curious.
Adrian.