If you have access to Internet, you have access to Lists or Newsgroups.
Internet by definition is worldwide.

If you want to argue that if you only have access to a commercial service
like America On-Line and as such have easier access to a Newsgroup, maybe
the arguement holds.  However, I know that several Bee-L members must be
accessing the net via some means other than through an academic or
government feed - whether they have to pay for the access or not, I don't
know.

My concern (and I don't mean it to sound elitist) is not getting swamped
by messages, my concern is that it will split Bee-L, which isn't all that
big (count the names that appear), and that Bee-L will disappear.  Seems
to me Andy's BBS in CA serves the purpose proposed for this USENET, but
as I told Jane, maybe I don't fully understand the distinctions between
Lists, BBS, and USENETS.

Jerry
The dead horse beater