So, Cam...you are happy with continued purchases.  This means your apiary is
growing?

My apiary grew from about 20 hives to over 100 using southern queens and
some Georgia packages. A few years ago with my severe back issues I cut way
back and - as you can see from my last post - I suffered significant losses
the last 2 years, this year were several Georgia packages, they year before
it was mainly home grown hives with southern queens - Carpenter, H&R, and a
few California queens. All have served me well in the past with good
wintering success. I was always generally happy with my queen purchases
which went the gamut from terrible to exceptional. I was very happy with my
Georgia Packages [H&R] which were robust and wintered well up here. Right
now I have about 25 hives, depending on the last month which has been
brutal.