​I have used a hive net and soapy water. I covered the box with the net
early morning before the bees where flying. After covered the hive I rapped
a few times on the box to get the flyers to come out then dumped a bucket
of soapy water over them. I killed the queen and split the brood and
resources up and distributed it to other hives. It was quick, effective and
I wasn't battling stinging bees.

As for the dry ice method consider using a roll of palette stretch wrap. It
would be a lot quicker than saran wrap.

Karen