So if I collect on a regular basis instead of twice a month, they'll get
used to it? I still think they're squeezing purposely into the basket to try
to recover the pollen, so I don't understand how this will help.

They are not trying to recover it.  for some reason once dropped its gone to
them,,,,  no 5 second rule or anything,  try a screen bottom board and see
for your self.

Yes  leave the traps on  normaly stuck bees were trying to come up under and
behind the traps.

I had thought pollen trapping would create problems,  But Lloyd spears
pointed out that if you trap contiously the bees will adjust their foraging
behavior quickly and its not a problem.  From a year or twos observations  I
would say that's correct.
For me I don't trap at all until after the honey flows are done.

Charles