I have just begun researching a collection  that has a transcendental/foureuristic society component. I would appreciate some extra sources that would help to provide a stronger background in past work as well as  potential research avenues.
It was suggested that I should compare this site with Shaker Village sites, because they were both prominent societies in the Northeast at the same time.
I was considering looking at foodways, but the site had several occupations.

Comments and suggests would be welcomed.

Thanks
Sam