Kim said:

>>> Reports from many, many states have been coming into this office in the
past couple of weeks. At first they seemed >>>isolated and unsupported.

Beekeepers are wary of reporting incidents, and seldom sure of how to
proceed or what to do.

In the light of the above, how did all this come together so fast?

Then Pete said:

> [...]
not knowing what to do, and they have no reason >>>>to be wary of reporting.

I'm just a little unsure of who is copping out and in what way? The hints on
what to do are in the "Catch the buzz" piece, so there is no cop out on
where to report. So it's not Kim.

I think it's the lack of cooperation in the beekeeping world on this
subject. No one wants to show that they have been hurt. I think it's
changing. It's no longer "Pee Poor Beekeeping" If you have losses.  I've
tried to get data on some items and have been unsuccessful. Can anyone tell
me why beekeepers are so close about losses?

Dick Marron