> I have never seen a plastic performation that was not junk.

I agree with this, except: this spring I wanted to sample incoming pollen for an hour or so a day every few days. The plastic trap that fits over the entrance was perfect for this. You can leave the entrance wide open most of the time and very easily lower the plastic grid just long enough to get a decent sample. Obviously, such a trap would overfill far too rapidly to be much use for anything else, unless you wanted to empty it all day long

PLB