Hi! Ladies,
As many of you know,we used to have to send patients to compounding pharmacies to get APNO.  Now, many of the mainline pharmacy chains are making it.  At times, I have women for whom the APNO does not seem to have the usual effect.  So, one day I called the pharmacy where my client had it compounded, and was very surprised to find out that the pharmacy (one I considered a good one) did not compound APNO the way Newman recommends, but instead just mixed the 3 types of ointments together, unless a doctor specifically requested they use powedered antifungal ingredients.

So, many mothers are getting a watered down version of APNO.  I have called around and found a few pharmacies that make it "right" without specific orders.  I am also going to try and let the OB/Gynes that order it know the suggested formula, in hopes that more clients will get the treatment i think they are getting.

Have others of you had the same experience?