> That is in summer, though.  Personally, I have doubted this, but have long
wondered about what happens after the broodless period in winter when only
small patches of brood are started and maintained for several weeks or more.
What happens in this timeframe could be very significant.

Hi Allen

Well, I look inside the capped brood. The patches we took out were two 15x15
cell size ones.

I decapped both sides and took each bee/larva out and none. I could see no
varroa or signs of them (varroa puu on top of the cells).

This is very interesting. All healthy larva/bees and no varroa signs.

Looks like varroa waits for a warmer time and do not rush in the cells for
the first rounds of brood.

I left the patches ontop of a white paper to see if anything fall down
during the night when it heats up.

--
Juanse Barros J.
APIZUR S.A.