Norma Ritter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Has anyone got any experience with the following pump?
>
> Cherub Natriflow Dual Electric Pump.
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220302526473&ssP
> ageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012
>
> All I can discover so far is that it seems to have been made in China:
> http://www.pumps08.cn/index.php?zenid=e1b51e11cbb219401f75da503de5c8a7

I don't think that shows that the pump is Chinese; that seems to be a
random-ish spam-type page of anything with "pump" in the title.

The company is here:

http://www.cherubbaby.com.au

First thing I do is have a look at "advice" sections. This is just
complete nonsense:

<http://www.cherubbaby.com.au/index.php?id=84>

It seems to have been copied and word-subbed from a screed about
formula:

"Always keep prepared breast milk in the fridge or freezer if storing
for longer periods.  Use refrigerated prepared breast milk within 24
hours.  Use ready to feed within24 to 48 hours of opening. Use prepared
breast milk, warmed to room temperature within an hour of opening. "

The "Baby's First Tests" site seems to have been written for American
conditions:

<http://www.cherubbaby.com.au/index.php?id=100>

We don't routinely test for sickle cell anaemia here, circumcision is
rarely an issue (especially neonatally), the Guthrie isn't done at 24
hours then repeated down the track, newborns aren't usually bathed on
the first day - none of it resonates with local conditions.

The whole thing seems haphazard and slapped together.

They're also obvious Code violators - big standalone ad for a discounted
feeding bottle on the homepage.

Lara Hopkins