BlankMany of us here in New England have converted to all mediums for brood and honey. We even encourage new beeks to go that route, three for the brood chamber. Spring rotation can be done with less chance of splitting brood nest. In my 60's could handle these with a breeze but now there is no more breeze. Plenty heavy enough when filled with honey, sometimes almost wish they were shallows, don't think that would be to practical, to much wooden pieces.

Alden Marshall
Hudson, NH