From: Lactation Information and Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, 20 August 2008 7:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Cleft lip/palate and feeding problems

Absolutely should supply be supported and protected, but to say that ALL cleft affected babies cannot create suction is not accurate. Again, it depends upon the baby and the size/position of the cleft.

I don't think I'm hiding my head in the sand, I've assisted with more than 24 cleft-affected babies in the area with varying degrees of "mother-defined sucess."

Best wishes,
Sam Doak