I had to comment again on this subject after hearing many stories of mothers
that beastfed well into toddlerhood.  It is easy for us to defend ourselves to
others that see the benefits of breastfeeding and how natural it is, but when
it comes to our over sexualized society it's a whole other matter.  You would
think in times today of everything that is on our TV's and in the news that
people would not be shocked or mortified to see a mother feeding her child.
Last time I checked this was a free country, and providing for your children
should be of utmost importance to society.  I can only hope through
education to others about breasfeeding that someday we will not feel the
need to hide such a natural thing as feeding our children.

Lori Passwater, SPN
Ivy Tech College Student