We seem to be having some differing opinions about mothers who have MRSA?having contact with their babies?or breastfeeding. We can't seem to find any research studies or statements/guidelines from medical groups to say it is OK or?not OK. The mother?may have?an infection, but it is not in/on her breast.?I?work in a hospital and deal primarily with newborns, but do see some women who are hospitalized at other times with infants of varying ages.
I would appriciate any information on studies or common practices, etc.

Thank you,
Laura Hart
Winter Park Hospital
A Division of Florida Hospital