Mary Ann wrote
"Then when I make a note in the chart I see that the day or night before the
parents had called into the triage line and the baby was vomiting (not just
spit ups) or had diarrhea. There is no fever or other signs of illness but
obviously NOT tolerating the formula. Some have to come in and get an IV and
some are prescribed other formulas. NOW that is "FINE""
I would bet my house that no one in that ER said, "your baby is sick because
s/he is being fed cow's milk, and s/he is not a cow.  We need to admit you
both to the hospital for a few days to re-establish your milk supply and in
the meantime feed the baby with donor breastmilk."  Imagine  what the mother
would have said about her decision to formula feed, then.
Nina Berry BA/Bed(Hons) Dip Arts(Phil)
Breastfeeding Counsellor
PhD Candidate - "Ethical Issues in the marketing of 'Toddler Milks'"