Date:    Sun, 6 Aug 2006 22:46:00 -0400
From:    Sharon Knorr <[log in to unmask] >
Subject: Re: Lanolin

Hi Barb,

My understanding is that regular lanolin has not been purified to the extent
of Lansinoh in order to remove pesticide residues and other substances which
might make it not as desirable a cream if ingested by the infant.

Sharon Knorr

On July 29, Kathy Sharpe said that her hospital was switching from Lansinoh
to Lanolin.  "Our hospital was ordering Lansinoh for our moms.  The pharmacy
switched to lanolin hydrous which is lanolin USP (725mg/g).  The label
states for external use only.  Any thoughts?

Our hospital wants to do the same thing to save money.  I did not see any
replies to her request for input.  Is anybody else seeing this?

Barb Berges BS, RN, IBCLC
near Cleveland, Ohio