Hi Judy -

I do not have a specific care plan because every mother/baby pair is
different.  Recently a lot of the tongue-tied babies that I have worked with
have had difficulty getting breastfeeding right even after the frenotomy.
Moms seem to get frustrated, thinking the frenotomy is a magic bullet and
wonder why baby still has trouble.

I have tried to help mom understand why this is by talking about baby's
development.  Most babies have the whole pregnancy to practice sticking
their tongues out, your baby is 9 months behind in practice.  Now, to be
honest, I am not sure this makes a whit of difference (and I am sure our
resident expert Cathy Genna will be happy to correct me if wrong.)  What is
does is help mom have more patience with baby and often they get the extra
time to learn to breastfeed before mom throws in the towel.

Linda Pohl, IBCLC
www.eBESTFed.com

Hello All,
I would also be interested in receiving a tongue-tie care plan. I have a
recently worked with two moms who had tongues clipped.