Amongst the obsequies for the late Olympia Co.,  someone wrote:

>That's a shame given all the exceptional and obscure music Olympia has
>put out over the years.  No more Miaskovsky, Popov, etc.  I could cry,

I don't know.  I keep listening to one exceptional and obscure thing
after another by Miaskovsky, hoping to find SOMETHING half as good
as the symphony #21, and never finding it.  Has anybody else had this
experience?  [Well, all right, the cello concerto is maybe one third as
good.] Perhaps Miaskovsky is one of those composers (like Hovhaness)
whose discography might just as well be short.

Cheers,

Jon Gallant                and                    Dr. Phage
Department of Gnome Sciences
University of Washington