Karl Miller poses the musical question:

>And for ten points and a chance at the new Honda....
>
>Name the composer who has a passage of an orchestra tuning up in one of
>his works for orchestra?

The answer I was looking for...

Rodion Shchedrin: Symphony No.2

It is a group of Preludes for Orchestra.  One of the preludes features
the orchestra tuning.

Ok, so it was pretty obscure.

And speaking of Preludes for orchestra, (I will give a hint with this
one), what French composer, noted for writing one of the most familiar
of all themes used for a television program, also wrote a set of Preludes
for Orchestra?  (no orchestra tuning in this piece...just some brilliant
music...a work premiered by Bernstein...a piece that sounds like bits
and pieces of Sacre)

Karl