I have to chime in and agree with those who have said
that if they are not willing to reveal who is conducting
the research it is best to stay away.
I have been involved in research where revealing who is
doing the research might bias people's responses and may even
make some hang up before they get to the questions. Of course,
the people who hang up are the very ones you want most to
hear from. It also creates problems in terms of making sure
you have a representative sample. We worked hard to find
a way to phrase the introductory remarks, so we would get the
best responses and lose as few respondants as possible. We were
also aware that we would lose some people no matter what we did.
That's in the nature of the business. It's no excuse for not
telling who is doing the research.

Naomi Bar-Yam