Hello Allen and All,
Allen wrote:
  At one point in his talks, he mentioned that as many as 75 loads of
> Canadian honey had gone/are going into the US at $1.75, and he expressed
pleasure that this importation was actually dragging the price =up=, not
down.

I know of no U.S. honey bringing 1.75 nor have any been reported on the
Midwestern honey line.

Our 2002 extra drums went for today's high U.S. price, payment at time of
pickup and our drums back.

I froze today's high price for a pickup in January for a friend packer. I
think the price will drop by January as new crop Argentine honey should be
in the U.S. by then.  My friend will sing the blues if the price drops by a
large amount in January ( I will if the price goes higher).  I believe
getting today's high price  for a January pickup was a wise move on my part.
Time will tell.

My advice to those sitting on extra drums of honey is to sell as I believe
(and several others) that the market has peaked. I also believe that when
the new crop Argentine hits that the price will fall below a dollar a pound
fast. I could be wrong so don't bet the farm on my opinion.

Bob

PS. I fell asleep in the bee truck at a bee yard today ( happens as you get
older you can actually sleep beside the work)  I dreamed I was going down
the road in a new bee truck (with a CD player!). I  woke up and was still in
my old bee truck. Windfall profits this year will go to pay the bills for
the last few years of below average returns.