Alan Carrier:

>Wasn't King Eric (probably the wrong king) of Sweden a conductor (It
>seems to me Danacord recently issued some of his recordings).  Paderewski
>was pianist first but did become the first President of Poland.  And the
>the former Chancellor of Germany, Helmut (?) Schmidt plays and records
>as a pianist.

I think it was Frederik IX of Denmark who you mean.  Not that it's
impossible that there was a conducting Swede too, but Frederik even
recorded some music.  While we're at Frederiks, Frederik the Great of
Prussia (aka 'der alte Fritz') was qutie a decent flautist, one hears.
His compositions definitely are pleasant if not more.

Jan