Mary Esterheld wrote:

>I find it interesting that 'NAXOS' (rather than the US) is putting out
>an American Classics series but anyway the CD contains four works:

Is American music the sole domain of American Record Labels?  For that
matter, ARE there any American record labels that aren't owned by a
foreign interest that have the financial resources to record a large
scale series of orchestral works?  Naxos has also recorded enough German
music to sink a ship. Is that unusual?  By that logic, shouldn't Deutsche
Gramophone be the sole carrier of German music?

Kevin Sutton