As most you know, the famous orchestral Pictures at an Exhibition was
written by Mussorgsky for piano. I was thinking of doing a review project
of the various piano versions and went to one of my favorite websites(H&B
Recordings)to take a look at the available recordings.

I was taken aback by all the versions on record - almost forty of them.
Of course, the Richter/Philips from Sofia is considered the best of the
bunch.  What other performances do you find highly rewarding? I have a few
other recordings, and I'm not sure that I want to invest in dozens of them.

Don Satz