Tim Horwood:

>While we on Holmboe there is a book Opus Est Six composers from Northern
>Europe by Paul Rapoport that has a short chapter on Holmboe and his
>Symphony No 7.

Now, if you (or anyone else) could also name a source for this book...  Is
there any decent (i.e.  listing Rapoport's book) bookstore on the web with
acceptable shipping rates abroad?

>I have Tubin's Symphonies 3 & 6 (BIS), I'm not quite so fond of these as
>the Holmboe symphonies.

I can understand that as far as the 6th is concerned, but I rather like
the third.  The second and fourth too are quite lovely.  Does anyone know
when the cycle of Tubin symphonies on Alba records will be complete?

Jan