Hi to all on BEe-L

Bob Harrison wrote:
The biggest threat to the commercial beekeeper from
capensis is in the area of migratory beekeeping and the
taking over of hives and spreading capensis all over the
U.S. which is the main point for Dr. Hoffman showing slides
of the  *alleged* capensis .

 I believe point Dr. Hoffman was making was valid.

Reply:
Following the AHPA meeting, and the ABF meeting in Ga, and
Mr Bob Harrison's comments on BEE-L this past spring, Dr
Gloria Hoffman gave the same presentation to the Southern
Arizona Beekeepers Association, during which the slides she
showed were of OUR bees on research done ten years
previously, and previously presented at the AHPA meeting in
Tucson Arizona in 1990. ONe such picture can be seen in Bee
Science where scientific paper on our bees was published
and the meeting in 1990 I have on video tape.

 NOw our bees were tested back then against Capenis by
samples forwarded by Dr Anderson to the USDA for comparison
to rule this fact out clearlify that our bees were indeed
different and a caucasian type strain.

At the meeting duplicating the speech in Ga Dr HOffman said
she was only talking about capenis similar traits and what
she was seeing here locally, which by the way we ahve seen
in our family for more then three generations and why the
Tucson Bee lab wanted to work with our bees in the first
place in the 1980s and 1990s (also under contract).

Very interesting following this discussion so far. Should
you find anything different then what I already know Mr Bob
Harrison in concrete and proved, I will be very much
interested to see!

Please keep me posted as to what you find out for actual
fact.

Regards,

Dee A. Lusby