From: Mitch Allen [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 9:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: SWA's " Got CALICHE ? " Newsletter, Wednesday May 29, 2002

There are actually plenty of studies like that. Try the one on women car salespeople-- Ladies on the Lot, by Helene Lawson (Rowman & Littlefield, 2000). There are many more...pilots, soldiers, pastors, surgeons, undertakers. Even a couple on women archaeologists!  I can give you  more detailed references if you'd like.
mitch allen

what would be most shocking is for anyone to study women doing jobs not typically female. we all know that women spend a great deal of effort shopping and that the mall is their main social stage. I'm ashamed. Perpetuating the myth. NOT anthropological.Margan Grover(a woman who hates to shop)