In a message dated 09/04/2002 02:46:11 GMT Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

>The liner
>notes of the Brahms CD (on EMI), I think, mentioned that she practiced so
>much during the recording sessions that by the end she was bleeding at her
>neck.  Of course, this would affect your spontaneity.)

Which, the bleeding or the practising?
I imagine that you are proposing that too much practice would reduce
spontaneity. If so I would beg to disagree. As a performer myself I would say
that on the contrary, true spontaneity in performance can only be achieved in
conditions of complete technical security, hence the need for endless
practice.
Paul Silverthorne