Hello Mailing List.  Have not participated for a long while, though I look
at most of the posts, when I can.

Grateful for some help. My old friend recently wrote me thus:

   By the way, there is one piece of music I have been hunting high and
   low for.  It is Haydn's "Strings for Sextet", more popularly known
   as "Serenade from Windsor". I am sure it must be commercially available.
   The question is in which CD or album of recordings? It does seem to
   be found among recordings of serious works of Haydn.

I have been at a loss trying to track this one.  Neither Dave Lampson's
Classical Net nor ThinkQuest -The Music Chamber
http://library.thinkquest.org/27110/frames.html?tqskip=1 nor my trusty
little Dictionary of Composers and Their Music (Eric Gilder) give me any
clue.

The nearest I have got is the String Quartet Op 3 No2, the second movement
of which has the famous petite Serenade one finds in the piano books.

Appreciate your help to nail this piece please.

Thank You

Gerald F. Pillay
Singapore