Gloria,

I was involved in CBE about the time Dr. Brackbill was doing the actual
study. I remember her speaking, perhaps at an ICEA convention or even a
local seminar by our now defunct DCEA.

While I cannot vouch for the exact conclusions she eventually reached, in
a way, I would compare her contribution to awareness of this subject to
Rachel Carson's "Silent Spring" to environmental awareness. It was not a
popular conclusion to many in the baby business. And still isn't!

Jean