Mr. Moyer:

Thanks for correcting my mistake regarding Ms. Schablitsky's bottle.  Right book, wrong page (I've been that way lately - need a vacation).  That's what I get for not reading to the end of the chapter before I set the book down. 
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">David Moyer
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2001 9:39 AM
Subject: Re: BOTTLE ID HELP

Sorry, Julie, I'm gonna contact you on list. You got yerself a MURRAY and Lanman No. 69 Florida Water Bottle. Check out Fike (1987) page 244. You may also want to download Bill Hunt's Medicine Bottle Index from

http://www.mwac.nps.gov/bottle_glass/

Murray and Lanman were big time distributors with bottles found throughout the states.

enjoy

dave

At 09:22 AM 4/6/01 -0700, you wrote:
>>>>
I am working on an 1870s dressmaker shop/domestic residence area in Virginia City, Nevada. I pulled out a badly fragmented but nearly complete aqua colored bottle. The label is red, black, and white, however, it is so badly deteriorated I can only make out a few letters. Embossed on the side is: FLORIDA WATER/"... & LANMAN"/NO 69 WATER ST/NEW YORK. I was wondering if anyone can give me the first part of the company name, date range, and any history. You may contact me off of the listserve at <mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask] Thanks. Julie Schablitsky

<<<<

David Moyer, RPA
Iowa Office of the State Archaeologist
700 Clinton Street Building
University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52240
(319) 335-5702
[log in to unmask]