Hello!  Just back from a breastfeeding conference in Boston with Diane Wiessinger, who was at her most eloquent.  Kathleen Bruce (list mother) came as well.  We had a great time.

My chapter "A Time to Wean" is chapter two in the book Breastfeeding: Biocultural Perspectives, edited by Patrician Stuart-Macadam and myself, 1995, published by Aldine de Gruyter of New York.  Available through amazon.com.

I also have another publication titled "Evolutionary Medicine and Breastfeeding" which summarizes chapter two and goes on to talk about the implications of realizing that 2.5-7 years is the normal duration of bf for humans on pediatric advice and on research.  I will be putting that up on my web page soon.

Web pages are often 'down' temporarily, so just try back again an hour later.

Kathy Dettwyler