No longer living on the right (meaning Left) coast, but rather in NYC, the
formidable and revered Marni Nixon dropped out of sight, at least of mine,
alas.

And so, I very much appreciated mail today from Anne Nonnemacher -- a young
and terrific singer in the Met Chorus (known to us, Leftcoasters, from the
Oregon Bach Festival) -- "locating" Marni.

She will, the message said, give a master class this Sunday (2/4) at 7
p.m., at Christ & St.  Stephen's Church, 120 West 69th Street, NYC.  The
event is produced by John Russell, of the NY Verismo Opera Company.

I don't think I can make it, much as I'd like to (she still owes me a
return match after soundly trashing me on a Seattle tennis court in the
last century), but all you locals:  hele on!

Janos Gereben/SF, CA