Just wanted to add.

There was legislation passed last year in California affirming a woman's right to nurse in public.  I don't remember the exact number.  I'm sure one of the other California LACTNET members might remember.

I remember it being discussed extensively on LACTNET about a year ago- check the archives.

Pierrette Mimi Poinsett, MD FAAP
Modesto, CA
P.S. (Who is still eternally grateful to Sylvia Boyd showing me how to properly use a sling so my back wouldn't hurt- worked until my son was about 25 pounds)