From: Automatic digest processor <[log in to unmask]>
To: Recipients of LACTNET digests <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, June 29, 2000 8:43 AM
Subject: LACTNET Digest - 28 Jun 2000 to 29 Jun 2000 - Special issue
(#2000-780)

Date:         Thu, 29 Jun 2000 14:25:37 -0700
Sender:       Lactation Information and Discussion
From:         Nancy Rupert <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Dini Petty show

I happened to tape this Canadian talk show yesterday (and I gather it might
have been a rerun), but the theme was pregnancy and what you need for baby.
Dini had invited a physician named Dr. Lance Levy on to talk about common
newborn concerns, and he identified feeding issues, and particularly
breastfeeding issues as the most common question new mothers have.

He then went on to say that the BEST way to tell if your baby is getting
enough to eat was to have the dr. weigh and measure the baby.  Otherwise, if
the baby is generally happy and thriving and going three hours happily
between feeds you know its getting enough.

Nothing about wet diapers or BMs, signs of dehydration, etc!

I was wishing Dini (located in Toronto, Canada) had invited Dr. Jack on
instead.  :-(

Nancy,
LLLL in PoCo, BC