Thanks for all that you've given me so far about managing yeast in the lactose rich environment of breastmilk. The woman I am working with is extraordinary in her committment and quiet resolve, however she is concerned with the effects that her yeast overgrowth may be having on her baby. As she detoxifies and the yeast dies, will her baby have the same GI symptoms that she will experience? Is she setting her baby up for problems with yeast overgrowth systemically in his body by feeding him yeasty milk? She is willing to restrict her diet and take diflucan and herbs and grapefruit seed extract, but only if she is doing well by her baby. If she is setting him up for an inbalance is normal fleura, she will need to consider breastfeeding a risk to his health. I'm not sure how to advise her. I think that the benefits of breastfeeding outweigh the risks of yeast overgrowth in the baby. I know that he has had thrush several times, but seems otherwise well and thriving. Do you have any information about the long term effects of nursing in the presence of yeast overgrowth on the baby? Any help with finding references or personal experience is appreciated. Have you heard of Dr. David Schlesinger in California? *********************************************** The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM) mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to: http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html