From: Automatic digest processor <[log in to unmask]>
To: Recipients of BEE-L digests <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, March 17, 2000 11:11 PM
Subject: BEE-L Digest - 16 Mar 2000 to 17 Mar 2000 (#2000-74)
Date:         Mon, 20 Mar 2000 07:55:32 -0500
Sender:       Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology
From:         mike Bassett <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      eastern seaboard nile virus

Our local newspaper reported that the centers for disease control
has alerted the eastern seaboard to come up with plans for
surveilance and control of the nile virus. Massachusetts is planning to
spray b.t. immediately if the virus is located. If this is not enough
they will add aerial fogging using Malathion. I have also seen articles
from Conn. and N.H. Barbra G. Warner the associate director of the Mass.
Dept of public health laboratory is helping to coordinate the statewide.
investigation.  probably would be a good idea to contact the appropriate
agencies and find out what can be done to limit the damage to all bees.

                           mike