The problem which I have with the term "artificial breast milk" is
that it actually implies that formula is _similar_ to breast milk.  I've
actually had this discussion with a local group of very
breastfeeding savvy women, and they all seemed to feel that the
term actually makes formula sound _better_  (than it is, not better
than breastmilk).  It's sort of like "synthetic vitamin E" and "natural
vitamin E".  They are both vitamin E.

I agree that the "artificial" is  a good contrast to the naturalness of
breastmilk, but why dignify formula by calling it "breast milk" at all
(artificial or otherwise)?