From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"LACTNET" discussion list
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 1995 08:44:38 -0500
Paula says
.  That one made me decide
>that I had to start giving more explicit written
>instructions about returing a clean pump or else, although I
>know it says something on the back of the yellow page.

Here in Vermont, we give Rental and Return instructions.  So that no one can
say, "Gee I didn't know.!"

>I have no substations officially, although my partner has
>been one for months now, really, until we are set up.  I am
>waiting for the papers to get everything turned over to the
>business from me.  I don't see substations here.  We have
>our office, and each of our three homes and that covers
>quite a space, plus everybody expects to come to Portland
>for stuff anyway, and there are pumps available outside our
>working area.

Paula, without substations, our problem is that when you order things, you
cannot get them shipped to anyone but the original address (drop shipping it
is called). We live far apart, and all work out of our homes, so we really
need that, hence substations.

You can only have a certain number of substations, based on the number of
pumps you have.

>Did you see the ILCA Globe?  What about the conflict of
>interest with selling?  I cannot count the times I have
>counselled women NOT to buy something they don't need.

I didn't get my globe.!!! ; (

>doctor brought this up to us also, as a potential conflict
>that others may perceive.

Speaking of conflicts, how about having formula in the waiting room of
pediatric offices, as in my office? Or growth charts by formula
manufacturers, ear charts, pens, vacations..etc. , new buildings?

I have never seen an LC sell something that someone didn't need. But I
suppose it COULD happen.

Kathleen

Kathleen B. Bruce RN, BSN, IBCLC
Williston, Vermont USA