From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 1995 12:25:26 -0500
Hi Denise,

The wave of the future is home health care, and that may be where we need to
concentrate our efforts instead of in the hospital.  I suspect that within a
very short period of time, a 24 hour stay is going to be a long stay, and
that moms will be in and out in 8 hours or less.  (Ulp!)  So, we will need to
concentrate on outpatient services and home health agency services - many
hospitals have their own home health, and if you can combine pp services for
early d/c with your LC practice, it will be tremendously helpful.  I don't
think any nurse who is doing mother-baby home health is qualified to do so
unless she is an IBCLC.  So, we need to be pushing that!

Off today's soapbox (can you tell Bob has a new job?  He's reveling in being
on the cutting edge of the home health movement....)

Jan