From:
Dawn Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 1995 13:01:51 -0500
Hello, my fine colleagues,
Kathleen B, you asked me to let you know where our friend Lynn Wickberg
is going next.  And what does this have to do with breastfeeding?  Lynn
is an APL in VT, her first baby a cesarean, her second a home birth...and
talk about empowerment, she graduates from UVM Med School this May and
then goes on to Dartmouth Hitchcock for a residency in psychiatry.  I
would say with the aforementioned Prozac discussion that she may continue
to be a good friend to mothers and babies!
  (and late weaning children if her own are any indication)
        Now what about Bovine Growth Hormone?  I recently had a dad in my
chldbirth classes who remarked that milk with BGH in it made him sick.
It suddenly made me wonder about artificial baby milks and BGH, but I
suppose if I were still nursing (my 8 yr old stopped 3 yrs ago) that I
might search out BGH-free milks (which I do anyway, not trusting Monsanto
to tell me the truth about the health of my family).
        Speaking of homeopathy, a coalition of local alternative health
care providers is planning a college of homeopathy and other alternative
medicines here in Saxtons River, VT (southeastern VT).  If anyone is
interested in more info I can get it from my back issues of the
Brattleboro Reformer (which today came out against the new chicken pox
vaccine as another example of tampering with the human immune system --
this is our own daily flaming liberal paper!  I love it).
        By the way, Kathleen, sign me up for any free food at the VLCA
conference (oops...i mean dinner meetings.)
        I'm a 12 yr LLL Leader, IBCLC, FACCE and nursing student.  I am
in awe of the energy emanating from this NET!

                         Dawn M. Kersula...I have to look up my
                         address to do a proper sign-off ;-)