BEE-L October 2006, Week 2

Re: Queen problems

Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:16:23 -0400

[log in to unmask] wrote:

> Why? Indoctrination and conformity! ;-))  It's the same in medicine -
> we don't focus on restoring/maintaining wellness preferring to focus
> on dealing with symptoms.  Cancer is a good example.  The
> overwhelming majority of cancer patients subjected to orthodox
> radiation and chem therapies, die within short periods of time.  Both
> therapies indiscriminately attack cancer & healthy cells and
> seriously weaken the patients' immune system.
>
> On the other hand, as derived through double-blind research studies,
> there are nutritional protocols that allow the body to repair its DNA
> and bring degenerated cancer cells under control.  In the studies,
> high percentages of patients recover.

I realize this is off topic, but I have a major problem with this
unsupported statement, mainly because I am a cancer survivor and the
comments are patently false and irresponsible.

The following link addresses this well.

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Cancer/conspiracy.html

The problem with cancer is that it is not one disease but many. Even
specific cancers can progress differently. I have malignant melanoma
which was found in a lymph node. It was confined to one spot for several
years and did not spread and grew slowly. It was removed. After three
years, I have no detectable cancer.

But the majority of those whose melanoma is found in a lymph node found
that the cancer spread and grew quickly. Most died soon after. It is one
of those cancers that is still deadly.

I did a lot of research on conventional and alternate treatments for
cancer, especially my specific cancer. Most of the " natural"substances
can inhibit some cancer's growth or kill it, but most of those studies
are in a petri dish and not with people. Bourbon will kill cancer in a
petri dish, but it is one of the worst cancer agents since it causes
your cancer to spread faster.

There is a similarity with natural cancer cures and natural beekeeping.
You read about the successes but seldom about the failures. If you die
from cancer under a Doctor's care, you are a statistic and a measure of
the failure of modern medicine. Your single digit shows up in the
database. If you die in a natural care center, your fate will never make
it. We have seen the same thing in beekeeping. Those who go off the
beaten path and fail, do not tell others about their failure but
disappear. But the successes are reported with relish to the point that
they seem to be the norm. So you try it and fail and it obviously is
because you did not do it correctly, since all others obviously
succeeded- when in truth, they did not. We have lost a lot of beekeepers
that way.

My wife talked to a friend who wanted to go down the natural cure route
for her breast cancer. My wife told here about my arthritis and bee
stings and that the stinging kept the cancer in check. Maybe so, but
there are people who did not get stung and their melanoma did not
spread. I got on the phone and told her to stay with conventional
medicine. I could have touted bee stings as a cure for melanoma. But
what cured me was surgery to take it out and that it had not spread.

Many, if not most, cancers today have exceptionally high cure rates when
treated under a Doctor's care. If you are diagnosed with cancer today,
it is not a death sentence as it was only some 15-20 years ago. Chemo
and radiation are much more tolerable and targeted to the cancer and not
the body as a whole. They are not indiscriminate. Other agents reduce
side effects and boost the immune system. If I were told today that my
cancer had spread, I would not hesitate to go with either chemo or
radiation, whichever could target it the best.

I addresses the natural method with the surgeon who removed my cancer.
He had a close friend when he was young who also had melanoma but easily
seen on their ear. It had to be removed, but the patient did not want
the physical scarring, so went from doctor to doctor until they found
one who would treat them naturally. They died within a few months.

Under absolutely no circumstances would I recommend or try a "natural"
treatment. I value the lives of my friends and neighbors as well as my own.

Plus, there was one more false statement. Many health organizations
(including my HMO and the two hospitals in my area) promote preventative
medicine. One hospital uses the local access TV channel to do just that,
including managing and preventing specific illnesses such as diabetes.
Doctor's do treat symptoms exclusively, but isn't that why you went to
them in the first place? You are past education at that point.

Finally. The majority of those reading this have cancer, it is just that
you do not know it. Your body will naturally kill it off. You will get
many diseases that will be cured by your own system yet will show no
symptoms. The problem diseases are those which go into overdrive and
overwhelm your system no matter what your lifestyle, natural or not.
When you read the list of natural food gurus and what they die of, it is
not much different than those who go down a different path. I love the
books written by Euell Gibbons, on eating natural foods that are healthy
and found in the wild. I still eat many of the plants he pointed out.
Euell died soon after his last book of heart disease. The natural crowd
tried to blame it on other things. But all those natural foods should
have taken care of any disease.

I love the latest research that show that an extensive exercise regimen
and staying thin add 10 months to your life compared to moderate sloth
and moderately overweight..You will gain 10 months in assisted care if
you deny yourself, exercise regularly, just to end up sitting there for
those months just like your already deceased counterpart did for most of
their life, but you will be thin. A lot easier on the pallbearers.

The key to living long is to pick your parent carefully and enjoy the
life God has given you..

Please pass the chips.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine