From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 1995 08:25:47 -0500
Cindy,

Thanks for this timely reminder. ALthough I think we, as Lactaton
Consultants, all realize that we are not in the business of recommending or
giving anyone permission to take a particular drug, it is always worth
hearing once again...that women experiencing difficulties should be referred
to a physician for medication or problems that go beyond lactation
consultation, ie breast lumps. Of course, we can pull out all our references
for medications, ie Ruth Lawrence, Auerbach and Riordan,.etc... and send
photocopies with the mother to her physician visit, if this would be helpful
or appropriate.  I have done this many times as a help to a mother faced
with procedures or treatments that may not be compatible with breastfeeding.

KB

>Just a reminder, most of us are not physicians and are not in the business
>of prescribing medications or providing "permission" to take a particular
>drub.  My providing this information should in no way be interpreted as
>such.  Please use your professional contacts to confirm any info I've shared.
>
>CS

Kathleen B. Bruce RN, BSN, IBCLC
Williston, Vermont USA
To err is human, to really screw up you need a computer...