From:
Melissa Vickers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"LACTNET" discussion list
Date:
Sat, 25 Feb 1995 08:48:13 EST
Sounds like that mom needs a new doctor....

You asked about yeast in the ducts--the BF Answer Book talks about that as being
a secondary yeast infection (172-173). It refers back to Ruth Lawrence and
recommends oral treatment for mom with the 2ndary infection. I remember hearing
something about Difulcan, probably last summer but I'm hoping somebody else
(who's information retrieval system works<g>) has the latest on that.

I just had a brain storm: I wonder if IBLCE would give us CERP credit for
Lactnet?????? While I kinda chuckle at the thought of how quickly hours would
rack up if we were given an equal time amount, I suspect that particularly as
more and more people join this thing, the amount of useful information that will
be exchanged would rival some conference sessions. One thing that I wish there
had been more of at the ILCA conference was time for this kind of sharing of
experiences on a given topic. Most of those sessions ran right up to the end of
the time (and beyond) and there was little time for organized give and take.
When you get that many LCs together in one room, there is a tremendous amount of
experience--from both the longtime and rookie LCs. This setting (lactnet) has
the potential for providing a mechanism for that exchange. Ah well, nice to
daydream.

Well, it is a beautiful morning here in west Tennessee. The house needs
cleaning, the clothes never got folded from last week, tomorrow is my son's 12th
birthday, I'm still trying to finish income tax, so I spoze I better go. Have a
nice day, all!

Melissa