From:
Cheryl Parrott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 13:10:58 EST
Gail,  I just in last month had similar case.  Adoptive mom without Cancer
though.  The birth mom agreed to do some pumping for weight loss reasons.
The adoptive mom drove about 11/2 hour each way on the weekends to pick up
cooler full of milk.  Birth mom was fine with this process(although she did
not want to see the baby)  She pumped for about 1-1/2 months.  Great start
considering it is RSV season.  Another option is always friends who might
have had babies recently.  A few close friends' breastmilk can add up to a
good supply.  Also call a local LC to see if anyone has notified them of
"extra" breastmilk.

These were are best options as in the midwest no milk bank is close!
Good Luck!

Cheryl Parrott, RN, BSN
The Breast Way
Kokomo, IN
Where it is 50 degrees today and beautiful...my dtr got to play outside!!!!!