From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 13:43:34 +1000
I haven't heard from anyone so I thought I'd ask again.

Was there anyone who saw the grandmother interviewed on "Getaway" (shown
last Thursday in Australia) who was breastfeeding her grandchild in Peru
that can describe how they presented it and what happened. Someone I met at
a function on Friday night mentioned it and I would love to hear what
happened (was it presented as being something really wierd and quite
disgusting or as a cultural norm). I am sure others would also like to
hear. As an aside, when telling someone else about this I was asked how
long women could breastfeed for and whether menopause would bring an end to
breastfeeding. My feeling was that it would be unlikely to make any
difference but I don't really know does anyone here?

Karleen Gribble (who would really like to breastfeed her grandchildren but
who has a couple of decades, maybe, to wait)